The annual Pohutukawa Festial celebrates the arrival of summer on the Coromandel.
The festival takes place from the last week in November to the end of the first week in December each year, and launches summer through a myriad of events across the Peninsula. The Coromandel is favourite destination for visitors and the festival celebrates everything that is good for your soul ... the landscapes, our coastline, the rich art culture and good food, wine and music - all enjoyed in the company of friends and family.
Launched in 2000, the Pohutukawa Fetival was developed by a group of enthusiastic locals from the western side of the Peninsula, who had a vision to promote the area.
In February 2004 the festival was handed over to Tourism Coromandel in and has continued to be developed into a truly regional celebration of all things Coromandel.
Launch into summer and fall in love with ...
- the Coromandel Coast ... experience some of New Zealand's most loved surfing breaks, top diving locations and epic fishing adventures
- the Landscape ... through garden tours, heritage walks and road trips
- the Pohutukawa Wearable arts
- the Music at Point
- the Wine and Launch tours
- New Zealand's most loved getaway region.