Topic: Thames Club

Topic type:

Originally the home of Reverend Vicesimus Lush, Vicar of St George's Anglican Church, this building was erected in 1871 with Lush's profits from the Caledonian Mine. 

 

It became known as St George's Parsonage' with ten rooms, not counting the two kitchens and the servants' rooms.  The building reflects the social and architectural style of the era. It was sold in 1881 to Ehrenfried, the famous Thames brewer for 600 pound. 

In 1906 the Parsonage was bought by the Thames Young Men's Club.  this club was chartered as the Thames Club later that year and over 100 years later, the building remains the home of the Thames Club.

Discuss This Topic

There are 0 comments in this discussion.

join this discussion