Topic: 746 Tararu Road
Built in 1880, this is one of the oldest houses in Tararu.
Of considerable architectural interest, it has been sympathetically restored in recent years. The original 12 x 8 modest cottage was built for a teacher. Subsequent additions include two gables, which constitute the present front of the house, a substantial veranda that features ironwork decoration, and a lean-to at the back. Two tall, imposing chimneys emerge from the front horizontal gable.
This build up from humble beginnings, is typical of the "add-on" nature of many Thames houses.